Thursday, December 19, 2013

Abusive behavior 1

That was a nice evening that turned into horrible night. Our high-school-er had a dance performance, she was brilliant on stage. Then we drove home and C parked at a curb half block away. He got out of the car and started walking toward the house with keys only in his hands. I opened car door for our youngest daughter, helped her out and started getting stuff that had to be taken in: my bag, a dance bag, a laundry basket full of dance costumes, and 2 bouquets of flowers. I put all of that on the ground next to the car and closed all doors.

While I was picking up all that stuff off the ground, juggling it, trying to get it all at once, I heard C yelling from half block away: "What is taking so long?"
Me: "It would be faster if you helped me."
Him: "You better notch it down or I will notch it up." I quietly picked everything up and walked into our house.

An hour later, when kids went to sleep. I told C I needed to talk to him. "I didn't like how you talked to me there. It was hurtful. You saw me carrying a lot of stuff but instead of helping you yelled at me."
Him: "I didn't. What did I say?"
Me: "You told me to shut up."
Him: "No I didn't. I told you to notch it down. You are making up stuff again. You are delusional as usual. It was not me, it was you who yelled me. You were yapping there, being disrespectful to me, I had to shut you up."
Me: "OK. I see you don't want to listen. I don't want to talk to you any more. I am going to bed."

Next thing I found myself blocked in the kitchen. He blocked the door and slowly moved toward me, towering over me, he is 6'2" and I am 5'4". Soon I was backed into a corner.

Me: "Let me go."
Him: "No, we will talk. I am tired of you constantly disrespecting me. You don't ever listen to me, you never do what I tell you to do. What is it?" He picked up a dirty dish that he used earlier. "I am asking you what is this? Why is it dirty?" He threw the dish at the wall above sink, it broke in countless pieces and one hit me in my face.

I was crying. He was standing very close to me, pointing his finger into my face. His face in such a rage that got me in horror, I did not see any humanity in it.

Him: "You disrespect me again and you will get it."
Me: "Let me go. If you hit me, I will scream for all neighbors to hear, and I will cal police."
Him: "Nobody will believe you. You are so delusional and narrow-minded. Everybody knows you are the most miserable person ever. My mother told me long ago that she hates you and she hates the way you talk to her and to me."
Me: "This is not true. I love your mother and she is always nice to me. I will call her tomorrow and talk about it."
Him: "Don't you dare to involve her in it. Like I said, you just want to make everybody miserable like you."

Next, I had to wrestle my way through, pushing him away and running up the stairs into the bedroom. Needless to say, I did not sleep all night. In the morning I was in the kitchen making breakfast when I heard: "What are doing? Get here." I went into the bedroom and found C naked on the bed. He repeated "Get here" while patting the bed next to him.

Me: "What? You want me to be affectionate after what happened last night?"
Him: "What are you talking about?"
Me: "All the awful things that you told me and made me cry."
Him: "You are insane. What is your problem? I am trying to be nice to you here and you treat me like a piece of crap."

I turned around and went back to the kitchen. He took shower, came downstairs, and, while walking by me, said: "With your f-ing attitude you are going to make everybody miserable today."

It is unbelievable, how many episodes like this I've gone through. Till this day, the most horrifying part was to see that face full of uncontrollable rage. Even now, almost 2 years after I left, every time when I think of C, I see that face, it overshadowed all other feelings and memories. It scares me to be anywhere close to him, almost like expecting that monster to come out again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

I Will Pray For You Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos